• All submissions to be considered for publication should be written in Turkish or English.
• All texts should be sent by e-mail in .doc or .docx format after being overwritten on the “Sheet” which is seen as a link above. (e-mail: email@example.com)
• It should be noted that the work submitted to this journal has not been previously published or is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
• The margins should be set at 2.5 cm top and bottom, left and right on A4 paper. The spacings in paragraph settings of main body text should be as written below.
Spaceline:1,5, Spacing before:6 pt, Spacing after: 6pt
• Font of the text should be “Garamond”. The main body text should be 12 pt type. For quotations longer than 3 lines or 40 words, start the quotation on a new line, with the entire quote indented 1 cm from the left and right margin, use 11 pt type and 1-spaced paragraph for the text. Italic text type is not allowed for the abstract and the quotations.
• Use bold for the title of the article and section headings only.
• Notes and explanations must be inserted as footnotes.
• The name, surname, e-mail address, ORCID number of the author should be specified as footnote on the first page.
• The text must be justified, the main title should be centered and subheadings should be left-justified.
•Subtitles should be like the sample below:
1.Küreselleşme ve Göç
1.1. Göçmen Ağları
1.2. Sosyal Sermaye ve Göç
1.2.1. Aktarılamayan Sosyal Sermaye Biçimleri
2. Türkiye’ye Zorunlu Göçler
2.1. Önder Mahallesi’nde Suriyeliler
• The papers should not be less than 3,500 words, nor should they exceed 9,000 words. The abstract should not be less than 200 words, nor should it exceed 300 words.
• If the article is written in Turkish, it should include an abstract in English too.
• All submissions should conform to the requirements of the Publication Manual of the American Psychological
Association (6th ed.). Further information can be obtained from the American Psychological Association’s style website: https://apastyle.apa.org/style-grammar-guidelines/references
• References in the article should be as in these examples:
Bourdieu (2014) in a paper on … [commonest version];
Wagner (2001: pp.81-82) state that … [where the page number is required];
———– (Berger, 2011: p.38).
• Sample for references:
Timasheff, N.S. (1967). Sociological Theory: Its Nature and Growth. 3. Ed. New York: Random House
Stevens, J. (2001). Devletin Yeniden Üretimi. (Çev. Abdullah Yılmaz). İstanbul: Ayrıntı Yayınları
Samples from web page: https://apastyle.apa.org/style-grammar-guidelines/references
Whole authored book
Jackson, L. M. (2019). The psychology of prejudice: From attitudes to social action (2nd ed.). American Psychological Association. https://doi.org/10.1037/0000168-000
Sapolsky, R. M. (2017). Behave: The biology of humans at our best and worst. Penguin Books.
- Parenthetical citations: (Jackson, 2019; Sapolsky, 2017)
- Narrative citations: Jackson (2019) and Sapolsky (2017)
Whole edited book
Kesharwani, P. (Ed.). (2020). Nanotechnology based approaches for tuberculosis treatment. Academic Press.
Torino, G. C., Rivera, D. P., Capodilupo, C. M., Nadal, K. L., & Sue, D. W. (Eds.). (2019). Microaggression theory: Influence and implications. John Wiley & Sons. https://doi.org/10.1002/9781119466642
- Parenthetical citations: (Kesharwani, 2020; Torino et al., 2019)
- Narrative citations: Kesharwani (2020) and Torino et al. (2019)
Harris, K. R., Graham, S., & Urdan T. (Eds.). (2012). APA educational psychology handbook (Vols. 1–3). American Psychological Association.
- Parenthetical citation: (Harris et al., 2012)
- Narrative citation: Harris et al. (2012)
Chapter in an edited book
Aron, L., Botella, M., & Lubart, T. (2019). Culinary arts: Talent and their development. In R. F. Subotnik, P. Olszewski-Kubilius, & F. C. Worrell (Eds.), The psychology of high performance: Developing human potential into domain-specific talent (pp. 345–359). American Psychological Association. https://doi.org/10.1037/0000120-016
Dillard, J. P. (2020). Currents in the study of persuasion. In M. B. Oliver, A. A. Raney, & J. Bryant (Eds.), Media effects: Advances in theory and research (4th ed., pp. 115–129). Routledge.
- Parenthetical citations: (Aron et al., 2019; Dillard, 2020)
- Narrative citations: Aron et al. (2019) and Dillard (2020)
Grady, J. S., Her, M., Moreno, G., Perez, C., & Yelinek, J. (2019). Emotions in storybooks: A comparison of storybooks that represent ethnic and racial groups in the United States. Psychology of Popular Media Culture, 8(3), 207–217. https://doi.org/10.1037/ppm0000185
- Parenthetical citation: (Grady et al., 2019)
- Narrative citation: Grady et al. (2019)
Jerrentrup, A., Mueller, T., Glowalla, U., Herder, M., Henrichs, N., Neubauer, A., & Schaefer, J. R. (2018). Teaching medicine with the help of “Dr. House.” PLoS ONE, 13(3), Article e0193972. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0193972
- Parenthetical citation: (Jerrentrup et al., 2018)
- Narrative citation: Jerrentrup et al. (2018)
Newspaper Article References
This page contains reference examples for newspaper articles.
Carey, B. (2019, March 22). Can we get better at forgetting? The New York Times. https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/22/health/memory-forgetting-psychology.html
Harlan, C. (2013, April 2). North Korea vows to restart shuttered nuclear reactor that can make bomb-grade plutonium. The Washington Post, A1, A4.
Stobbe, M. (2020, January 8). Cancer death rate in U.S. sees largest one-year drop ever. Chicago Tribune.
- Parenthetical citations: (Carey, 2019; Harlan, 2013; Stobbe, 2020)
- Narrative citations: Carey (2019), Harlan (2013), and Stobbe (2020)
Webpage on a news website
Bologna, C. (2019, October 31). Why some people with anxiety love watching horror movies. HuffPost. https://www.huffpost.com/entry/anxiety-love-watching-horror-movies_l_5d277587e4b02a5a5d57b59e
Woodyatt, A. (2019, September 10). Daytime naps once or twice a week may be linked to a healthy heart, researchers say. CNN. https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/10/health/nap-heart-health-wellness-intl-scli/index.html
- Parenthetical citations: (Bologna, 2019; Woodyatt, 2019)
- Narrative citations: Bologna (2019) and Woodyatt (2019)
Webpage on a website with a government agency group author
National Institute of Mental Health. (2018, July). Anxiety disorders. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, National Institutes of Health. https://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/topics/anxiety-disorders/index.shtml
- Parenthetical citation: (National Institute of Mental Health, 2018)
- Narrative citation: National Institute of Mental Health (2018)
Webpage on a website with an organizational group author
World Health Organization. (2018, May 24). The top 10 causes of death. https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/the-top-10-causes-of-death
Webpage on a website with an individual author
Giovanetti, F. (2019, November 16). Why we are so obsessed with personality types. Medium. https://medium.com/the-business-of-wellness/why-we-are-so-obsessed-with-personality-types-577450f9aee9
- Parenthetical citation: (Giovanetti, 2019)
- Narrative citation: Giovanetti (2019)
Ouellette, J. (2019, November 15). Physicists capture first footage of quantum knots unraveling in superfluid. Ars Technica. https://arstechnica.com/science/2019/11/study-you-can-tie-a-quantum-knot-in-a-superfluid-but-it-will-soon-untie-itself/
- Parenthetical citation: (Ouellette, 2019)
- Narrative citation: Ouellette (2019)
Comment on a blog post
joachimr. (2019, November 19). We are relying on APA as our university style format – the university is located in Germany (Kassel). So I [Comment on the blog post “The transition to seventh edition APA Style”]. APA Style. https://apastyle.apa.org/blog/transition-seventh-edition#comment-4694866690
- Parenthetical citation: (joachimr, 2019)
- Narrative citation: joachimr (2019)
Entry in an online dictionary
American Psychological Association. (n.d.). Just-world hypothesis. In APA dictionary of psychology. Retrieved January 18, 2020, from https://dictionary.apa.org/just-world-hypothesis
Merriam-Webster. (n.d.). Semantics. In Merriam-Webster.com dictionary. Retrieved January 4, 2020, from https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/semantics
- Parenthetical citations: (American Psychological Association, n.d.; Merriam-Webster, n.d.)
- Narrative citations: American Psychological Association (n.d.) and Merriam-Webster (n.d.)
Film or movie
Fleming, V. (Director). (1939). Gone with the wind [Film]. Selznick International Pictures; Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer.
- Parenthetical citation: (Fleming, 1939)
- Narrative citation: Fleming (1939)
Alfredson, T. (Director). (2008). Låt den rätte komma in [Let the right one in] [Film]. Magnolia.
- Parenthetical citation: (Alfredson, 2008)
- Narrative citation: Alfredson (2008)
Serling, R. (Executive Producer). (1959–1964). The twilight zone [TV series]. Cayuga Productions; CBS Productions.
- Parenthetical citation: (Serling, 1959–1964)
- Narrative citation: Serling (1959–1964)
Episode of a TV show
Favreau, J. (Writer), & Filoni, D. (Director). (2019, November 12). Chapter 1 (Season 1, Episode 1) [TV series episode]. In J. Favreau, D. Filoni, K. Kennedy, & C. Wilson (Executive Producers), The Mandalorian. Lucasfilm; Golem Creations.
Sherman-Palladino, A. (Writer & Director). (2018, December 5). All alone (Season 2, Episode 10) [TV series episode]. In A. Sherman-Palladino, D. Palladino, D. Gilbert, M. Shapiro, S. Carino, & S. Lawrence (Executive Producers), The marvelous Mrs. Maisel. Dorothy Parker Drank Here Productions; Picrow; Amazon Studios.
- Parenthetical citations: (Favreau & Filoni, 2019; Sherman-Palladino, 2018)
- Narrative citations: Favreau and Filoni (2019) and Sherman-Palladino (2018)
Harvard University. (2019, August 28). Soft robotic gripper for jellyfish [Video]. YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guRoWTYfxMs
- Parenthetical citation: (Harvard University, 2019)
- Narrative citation: Harvard University (2019)
News From Science. (2019, June 21). Are you a fan of astronomy? Enjoy reading about what scientists have discovered in our solar system—and beyond? This [Image attached] [Status update]. Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/ScienceNOW/photos/a.117532185107/10156268057260108/?type=3&theater
- Parenthetical citation: (News From Science, 2019)
- Narrative citation: News From Science (2019)
National Park Service. (n.d.). Home [Facebook page]. Facebook. Retrieved January 12, 2020, from https://www.facebook.com/nationalparkservice/
- Parenthetical citation: (National Park Service, n.d.)
- Narrative citation: National Park Service (n.d.)
APA Databases [@APA_Databases]. (2019, September 5). Help students avoid plagiarism and researchers navigate the publication process. More details available in the 7th edition @APA_Style table [Image attached] [Tweet]. Twitter. https://twitter.com/APA_Databases/status/1169644365452578823
Gates, B. [@BillGates]. (2019, September 7). Today, it’s difficult for researchers to diagnose #Alzheimers patients early enough to intervene. A reliable, easy and accurate diagnostic would [Thumbnail with link attached] [Tweet]. Twitter. https://twitter.com/BillGates/status/1170305718425137152
Simons, J. [@Jasper_Simons]. (2015, March 18). Do you like PsycINFO? Then learn about PsycTESTS from @APA here: http://tinyurl.com/mna327j [Tweet]. Twitter. https://twitter.com/jasper_simons/status/578281883248816130
Stella, T. [@studiotstella]. (2019, November 16). My poster for “The Maltese Falcon” – 1941 by #JohnHuston #DashiellHammett #HumphreyBogart #MaryAstor #PeterLorre #SydneyGreenstreet #Noirvember [Image attached] [Tweet]. Twitter. https://twitter.com/studiotstella/status/1195804569131003909
- Parenthetical citations: (APA Databases, 2019; Gates, 2019; Simons, 2015; Stella, 2019)
- Narrative citations: APA Databases (2019), Gates (2019), Simons (2015), and Stella (2019)
APA Style [@APA_Style]. (n.d.). Tweets [Twitter profile]. Twitter. Retrieved January 15, 2020, from https://twitter.com/APA_Style
Jordan, M. B. [@michaelb4jordan]. (n.d.). Tweets & replies [Twitter profile]. Twitter. Retrieved January 9, 2020, from https://twitter.com/michaelb4jordan/with_replies
- Parenthetical citations: (APA Style, n.d.; Jordan, n.d.)
- Narrative citations: APA Style (n.d.) and Jordan (n.d.)
Philadelphia Museum of Art [@philamuseum]. (2019, December 3). “It’s always wonderful to walk in and see my work in a collection where it’s loved, and where people are [Photograph]. Instagram. https://www.instagram.com/p/B5oDnnNhOt4/
- Parenthetical citation: (Philadelphia Museum of Art, 2019)
- Narrative citation: Philadelphia Museum of Art (2019)
APA Public Interest Directorate [@apapubint]. (2019, June 14). Male depression is serious, but many men try to ignore it or refuse treatment. Different men have different symptoms, but [Video]. Instagram. https://www.instagram.com/p/BysOqenB1v7/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
- Parenthetical citation: (APA Public Interest Directorate, 2019)
- Narrative citation: APA Public Interest Directorate (2019)
National Geographic [@natgeo]. (n.d.). IGTV [Instagram profile]. Instagram. Retrieved December 8, 2019, from https://www.instagram.com/natgeo/channel/
Swift, T. [@taylorswift]. (n.d.). Posts [Instagram profile]. Instagram. Retrieved January 9, 2020, from https://www.instagram.com/taylorswift
United States Army [@usarmy]. (n.d.). Tagged [Instagram profile]. Instagram. Retrieved January 18, 2020, from https://www.instagram.com/usarmy/tagged/
- Parenthetical citations: (National Geographic, n.d.; Swift, n.d.; United States Army, n.d.)
- Narrative citations: National Geographic (n.d.), Swift (n.d.), and United States Army (n.d.)
- Use the name of the profile page you want to cite in the title element of the reference (e.g., “Posts,” “IGTV,” “Tagged”).
- Include the description “[Instagram profile]” in square brackets.
- Provide a retrieval date because the content is designed to change over time and is not archived.
- Provide the URL of the page.
The New York Public Library [@nypl]. (n.d.). The raven [Highlight]. Instagram. Retrieved January 6, 2020, from https://www.instagram.com/stories/highlights/17962199170163462/
- Parenthetical citation: (The New York Public Library, n.d.)
- Narrative citation: (The New York Public Library (n.d.)