“Journal of Social and Cultural Studies” (J-SCS) is published in Turkish and English.
“Journal of Social and Cultural Studies” (J-SCS) is published only in electronic form through its website and adopts open access policy. The journal is published twice a year, in June and December. Periods of publication are indicated as “year – issue”.
No fees are charged for publications, no fees are paid to the editors, the editorial board and the referees and their owners. It is accepted that the authors who submit articles to the contact address for publication in the journal should read and acknowledge this copyright statement.
“Journal of Social and Cultural Studies” is open to the work of all researchers who have the title “PhD” or “PhD student”. It is not obligatory that the second, third and fourth authors of the article have the title “PhD” or “PhD student”. An article should has been written by max. four authors. The articles prepared in accordance with the writing rules are presented to the referee for review after they have passed the editorial review. “Double-blind refereeing” is valid in the journal.
The reviewer may ask for a correction to the article, directly refuse or accept it. For the articles declined as a result of the reviewer evaluation, a second reviewer may be requested by the author, If the editors’ board finds that the request is appropriate, the article will be sent to a second reviewer.
Published in 2018 and 2019 only under the supervision of the issue editor, the journal will be reviewed by the field editors as of 2020.
All scientific papers submitted to the journal should take into account the International Standards for Editors and Writers of COPE (Committee on Publication Ethics).
All articles submitted to the journal as of 2020 will be reported with the Turnitin plagiarism program.
Ethical Rules for Authors:
- Authors should read and sign the copyright agreement at the top of the page and send it to the contact address.
- The articles previously published in another publication or in the evaluation stage by another publication are not accepted into “Journal of Social and Cultural Studies” publication process. All the ethical and legal responsibilities related to the published articles belong to the authors.
- It should be ensured that the articles, figures, drawings, findings and conclusions are made in accordance with the rules of academic publication and do not contain plagiarism in any way.
Ethical Rules for Editors:
- Field editors and issue editors will examine whether the articles are original, scientific or not, according to the criteria above.
- Plagiarism report from Turnitin plagiarism program will be prepared by the issue editor. Articles that appear problematic will be reviewed by the editorial board. The referee evaluation process will not be initiated for any article that is not approved by the Editor – Editorial Board.
Ethical Rules for Referees:
- Referees will evaluate the article in terms of academic quality as well as the compliance with https://publicationethics.org/guidance standards and general international publication ethics.
- On ethical issues, referees and editors work on the principle of cross check.
- A referee’s refusal for ethical reasons can not be accepted by the editorial board.
- The referees and authors do not know each other’s names in any period of the process where double-blind refereeing is valid.
- The referees cannot make verbal or written statements about the articles they evaluate on any platform except their reports.