Articles accepted after the date of November 12th, 2020 are assigned a doi number.
- All authors of scientific papers submitted to the journal should take into account the International Standards for Editors and Writers of COPE (Committee on Publication Ethics).
- All articles submitted to the journal as of 2020 will be reported with the Turnitin or Itenticate plagiarism program. Turnitin or Itenticate plagiarism reports should also be attached to the articles to be submitted.
- “Journal of Social and Cultural Studies” (J-SCS) is published in Turkish and English. “Journal of Social and Cultural Studies” (J-SCS) is published only in electronic form through its website and adopts open access policy. The journal is published twice a year, in June and December. No fees are charged for publications, no fees are paid to the editors, the editorial board, and the reviewers and their owners. It is accepted that the authors who submit articles to the contact address for publication in the journal should read and acknowledge this copyright statement.
- “Journal of Social and Cultural Studies” is open to the work of all researchers who have the title “Ph.D.” or “Ph.D. student”. It is not obligatory that the second, third, and fourth authors of the article have the title “Ph.D.” or “Ph.D. student”. An article should has been written by max. four authors. The articles prepared in accordance with the writing rules are presented to the reviewer for review after they have passed the editorial review. The reviewer may ask for a correction to the article, directly refuse or accept it. For the articles declined as a result of the reviewer evaluation, a second reviewer may be requested by the author, If the editors’ board finds that the request is appropriate, the article will be sent to a second reviewer.
- The articles previously published in another publication or in the evaluation stage by another publication are not accepted into “Journal of Social and Cultural Studies” publication process. All the ethical and legal responsibilities related to the published articles belong to the authors.
Ethical Rules for Authors:
- All authors have significantly contributed to the research.
- All authors are obliged to provide retractions or corrections of mistakes.
- List of references, financial support.
- Authors should read and sign the copyright agreement at the top of the page and send it to the contact address.
- The articles previously published in another publication or in the evaluation stage by another publication are not accepted into “Journal of Social and Cultural Studies” publication process.
- All the ethical and legal responsibilities related to the published articles belong to the authors.
- It should be ensured that the articles, figures, drawings, findings and conclusions are made in accordance with the rules of academic publication and do not contain plagiarism in any way.
Ethical Rules for Editors:
- Field editors and issue editors will examine whether the articles are original, scientific, or not, according to the criteria above.
- A plagiarism report from the Turnitin or Itenticate plagiarism program will be evaluated by the issue editor. Articles that appear problematic will be reviewed by the editorial board.
- The reviewer evaluation process will not be initiated for any article that is not approved by the Editor – Editorial Board.
Ethical Rules for Reviewers:
- Peer-review is defined as obtaining advice on individual manuscripts from reviewers’ expert in the field.
- Judgments are required to be objective.
- Reviewers are required to have no conflict of interest.
- Reviewers are required to point out relevant published work that is not yet cited.
- Reviewed articles are treated confidentially.
- Reviewers will evaluate the article in terms of academic quality as well as compliance with https://publicationethics.org/guidance standards and general international publication ethics.
On ethical issues, Reviewers and editors work on the principle of cross-checking.